Thursday, February 14, 2008

Great Dr. Pepper Fiasco of 2008

So last night as I was gettin' snuggly down in my bed, I over turned my glass of Dr. Pepper (yes, I drink Dr.Pepper at midnight) onto my KNITTING BASKET. which, of course, was full of my brand spankin' new yarn.


I literally walked away for a moment and had to calm down before I could even think of how to salvage anything.

In swooped my darling husband! He helped me hand wash each skein. Then he rolled them out all over the living room floor to dry! What a guy! So my living room looked like a very colorful zebra this morning.

We don't have enough room for every skein that got wet so we put them in the fridge so they wouldn't mildew over night! Tonight we will undwind them before bed!




Little Piper is still on the mend from the great fingernail fiasco of 2008. Just one thing after another, huh!



1 comment:

VSJensen said...

HI! I found you through flickr, I believe in some EtsyLove discussion, and I visited your blog purely based on the cuteness of the baby in the avatar! She's a beauty (and congrats on your new blog) and come to find out she has the same name as my wee one, Piper. My Piper just turned 1 yesterday, how old is yours? She is too, too cute for words! Sorry about her little finger :(. Good luck on your blog and on Etsy! :), Varenia
www.playisthething.blogspot.com